Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Busy Times


Gosh, I don't know where to even start....for everyone that has been riding my butt for being a non-blogger, I've been REALLY busy! Lets see, my cousin Kara stayed with us for a little over a week, she's 17 and requires more attention that my 8 and 4 year old do. We really enjoyed having her though, she's a little green as Kara Davis says...we went to Memphis to see a Redbirds game with Kara and Lewis Davis and we went to eat at Hardrock Cafe first and walking Beale and she was just in Awww...she doesn't get out much. She was so excited because there was a building with YMCA on it....she said OMG, take a picture, there's a song about YMCA...funny stuff! My grandpa also died that same week so I was a little preoccupied, is that ok with you people???









Lets see, we went to Branson for a week to visit a friend of ours, Kyle Moon and his family. We had an awesome time! We spent a day on the Lake which was great, went to White Water, spent one evening on the Landing, ate lots of good food, seen some shows, went to IMAX, did some shopping, it was nice! It was a little hard to leave, we love Kyle and his family and wish we could see them more! We got really attached to his precious little boys real quick!

We came home and our dog, Ozzie had escaped from my mom's house! MAJOR drama! I was on the phone with Kara when Scott told me and the girls were freaking out! We spent some time making flyers, going to animal control, searching the neighborhood, it was a mess, but 28 hours later we found him in a lady's back yard! Ozzie is safely back at home!

My mom has been very ill. It has been so hard to see her in so much pain. I can't tell you how many times I have cried over the last week just thinking about her. I am so use to seeing my mom be the rock of the family and she is really having a rough time. She told me yesterday that she got in the bath tub and cried for about an hour. She said she just isn't happy anymore. She can't do anything she enjoys anymore and she just really wishes she weren't here. Breaks my heart. Here I go boowhooing again just thinking of it. She is in so much pain that she is on lots of pain pills and I worry if she does ever get half way back to good health, she won't be able to stop taking the hydros and moraphine. I woke up last night and started crying just thinking of her not being able to sleep at night because she wakes up in so much pain. Tough stuff! Scott and I were talking last night and Lexi said, "I don't ever want Nanny to be gone, but if she's in so much pain I wish Jesus would just take her to heaven." About ten minutes later Abby said in a shaky teared up voice, "I don't want my nanny to leave and go to heaven, I want her here with me so I can see her everyday." Broke my heart! I said "Abby, Jesus is going to take care of Nanny, we just have to pray for her," to which she replied, "lets pray now." She took my hand and bless her little heart, her intentions were good, but her prayer was; "Jesus, don't let my Nanny go to heaven, amen" I laugh now, but it's rough. Please keep us in your prayers!

Ok, now you see, I have been a little busy! I told Dana yesterday if she had spent the day with me, she would have had to have been on some medication, I went from 8:00a.m. to 10:00p.m. The girls and I went to eat lunch with Scott, went to T.J Maxx, Old Navy, The Mall, Wal-Mart, went and made supper for Lacy and Grady and Lesley's family, went to Lacy's, went back to Wal-Mart to pick up sympathy cards and medicine for my mom, went to work until 10:00. Life is busy here!

No comments: