Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Doubting

As many of you know, I stay home on Tuesdays to spend the day with my girls. Yesterday was a great day for the girls and I. I have to stop and remind myself often, it's not so much things that they want as much as it is my attention. I decided yesterday was all about the girls and this Tuesday we were not going to the waterpark, or the movies, or the library, we were staying home and enjoying each other's company. When the girls got up I made breakfast, Lexi and I did math facts flash cards to review for school, Abby and I did lower case alphabet flash cards, we reviewed left and right, and emotions. We cut out pictures and made an emotions collage, colored with chalk on the side walk, read books, played in the sprinkler, played Old maid, matching game, and we did our bible verse and read some scriptures. Our bible verse was about having enough faith - as much as a mustard seed. We are reading the book of James right now, and although I have read it before, God keeps revealing new things to me and showing me places that I need to improve. As far as the bible verse goes, I am getting a good lesson from that as well. Why do we doubt when God never fails. Why do we doubt that he will do what he says he will do? I think in terms of a child, when I tell my children that I am going to do something for them, you better believe that I am going to do it. God loves me so much more than I could ever love them, although it's hard for me to comprehend, he does and he will always take care of my needs. Why do I sit and worry about the future when he say's, DON'T worry about tomorrow, I'm going to take care of you. If I told my children not to worry about something tomorrow that I would take care of whatever it might be that was bothering them, they put their trust in what I say. I try to think back to a message that James delivered at church one Sunday on how we decieve ourselves into believing that we are in control of our situations, when honestly we have no control. Everything is in God's hands so worrying about the unknow or the future does absolutely no good. Prayer and Faith....these are the keys to it all. Pray for my faith, that I will learn to apply what I am teaching to my children to my own life in a much greater way than I ever have before. Love you all!

2 comments:

H.T. said...

Thanks for sharing this Michelle. God has taught me just how true this is the past couple of days. I am believing that I am free to live and trust in Him alone. We are not in control, He is and by His grace we can live a victorious life through faith! Love ya!

Amanda said...

I think it's neat how much I learn about God from just trying to teach my kids about Him. I've gotten some pretty good lessons from reading their picture Bible!