Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Abby starts school



















My baby has started preschool! She has been so excited about going to school with sissy! I felt very blessed that we were able to get her in because we have been on a waiting list and it was looking like the chances were pretty slim, however, with lots of prayer, I feel that she is right where God wanted her to be. None the less, it was a very rough day for me yesterday! Abby looked so sweet and had a good day, however I cried half the day! Abby has always stayed with my mom so it's a bit of a transition! I think I was the first mom there yesterday I was there to pick her up at 2:30. She was all smiles and hugs! She said she had a good day. She was alittle clingy this morning so please be praying that she continues to enjoy it! My fear is that she will go for a week and feel that she no longer needs to be big like sissy! If she is ok, I'm ok, but if she cries, it will take everything in me not to kidnap her from the school! LOL She has a precious teacher that I actually went to high school with. Naps and leaving shoes on all day will be a challenge for her! She made a new friend yesterday named Alexis. Alexis was having a melt down this morning so abby was a little teary eyed when I left. I told her to take care of her friend so she would not be sad so hopefully that will be her mission today and she will have a wonderful day! Mom goes back to the Neurosurgeon in September to schedule her surgery, please continue to keep her in your prayers as well. She is also having a hard time not having Miss Abby with her all day so pray for her comfort in that as well! We are praying that Abby has a wonderful year at school!

1 comment:

H.T. said...

The way you have described preschool is so true. It can be a very dramatic or fun transition for the little ones. I will pray Abby adapts well and enjoys it. Praying for you and your Mom as well.