Thursday, August 7, 2008

Friends

Why do we worry about how other's perceive us and if others like us? I have recently realized that I care wayyyy tooo much about if other people like me. I'm a "people pleaser" always trying to make EVERYBODY my friends. The reality of it is, some people just are not going to mesh well together and that's ok. Some people just have different personalities that don't click. Some will be there when it's fun, some will be there for what you have to give, some will be there for who you are, and a very few people will be there when you really need them. TRUE friends are really hard to come by. No matter what the situtaion is, I have to be me and be comfortable being who God made me to be and love everybody rather they give that love back or not. Really, it's not about me anyways and it's not about people! I'm here for a purpose and picking up friends on my journey is wonderful, but if a few don't want to be picked up, I have to leave them there and keep on truckin on my mission! I am so blessed with some wonderful friends! Now, for my very best friend, Jesus, he fills voids that no one could ever fill, he loves stronger, he loves longer, he's always there, he always listens, he always cares, he's always real, he always gives what I need, he's always enough! No matter what the situation is, if the picture doesn't look exactly like you think the picture should look, if it doesn't seem like you will make it through whatever situtation that you are in, there's one friend that will always be by your side to pull you up out of your valley and get you on top of things again. Jesus will always be enough!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Yup, I know what you mean. I have been there at times in my life. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, there just isn't that "click." I often thought it was me (and it may have very well been) but I just don't sweat it anymore.
However, I am sooooo grateful that you and I met when we did. Our friendship means the world to me. I love you oodles!